Healthier Campaspe is a local place based partnership approach to addressing key issues that have the most impact on health services in our Campaspe catchment.
Health services within the Campaspe local government area have established a partnership approach to look at ways to address the issues that have the most impact on their services collectively. The structure used to support this approach was developed in 2015 by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and referred to as the Service Planning Logic model.
The key partners sought to use the planning logic to develop a combined service plan/implementation plan that considers system needs and capabilities; innovation; investment priorities; area needs and capabilities; and technical guidelines.
Healthier Campaspe Project Manager
We are offering a newly created Healthier Campaspe part time, fixed term role (0.3 EFT), known as the ‘Health Promoting Health Services Collaboration Officer’ which is available until June 2021.
This position would suit someone with a health promotion background and /or an interest in the health promoting hospitals and health services framework to be implemented as part of the future plans for the Healthier Campaspe initiative. Secondment from partner agencies will be considered with hours and days of work negotiable however alignment of work days with Healthier Campaspe Project manager is important. Commencement in February 2021 is preferred. The role will be based at Campaspe PCP offices at REDHS and occasional travel to partner agencies is required.
All expressions of interest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the closing date will be Monday 18th January, 2021.
The initiative is supported by the Healthier Campaspe Reference Group (HCRG).
Member organisations include;
- Echuca Regional Health
- Kyabram District Health Service
- Rochester and Elmore District Health Service
- Campaspe Shire Council
- Murray Primary Health Network
- Goulburn Valley Health
- Bendigo Health
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation
- Campaspe Primary Care Partnership
Healthier Campaspe was initiated though the Campaspe Health Needs Analysis Project that involved three key components
1: Preparation of Evidence Summaries for each priority - see below
• A data profile; review of clinical guidelines and intervention evidence across the continuum of care; review of local services, programs and service access
2: Engagement, consultation and collaborative planning
• 82 health and community service providers in total (between 14-18 attendees at each of the 5 workshops) ranging from police, disability, local government, health practitioners, primary care networks, medical services and community health.
3. Development of a shared 4 year Implementation Plan for 2016-2020
HEALTHIER CAMPASPE FORUM PRESENTATIONS - NOVEMBER 2018
Healthier Campaspe Cancer Working Group is lead by Echuca Regional Health
- Cancer Evidence Summary
- Infographic Cancer June 2020
- Cancer Workplan 2019-2020
- Cancer Actions & Outcomes Report October 2020
Healthier Campaspe Diabetes Working Group is lead by Kyabram District Health Service
- Diabetes Evidence Link
- Infographic Diabetes & Obesity June 2020
- Diabetes & Obesity Workplan October 2020
Healthier Campaspe Mental Health Working Group is lead by Campaspe Primary Care Partnership
Healthier Campaspe Obesity Working Group is lead by Rochester and Elmore District Health Service
Drug and Alcohol
Healthier Campaspe Drugs and Alcohol Working Group is lead by the Shire of Campaspe